Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Day 19 - Goodbye Boston!




I left the Boston area today. I actually stayed in Brookline, but it was VERY close to Boston. These were my hosts in Boston, from left to right, Chris, Meghan, and Molly. I'm the cute one up front. I liked these three - I felt very much at home for the two days. They didn't ever feed me but Dan said Meghan's quite the cook and Chris really knows how to deliver pizza! Thanks guys!


When we left Boston we saw a guy yelling "Yea, Greenway!" Then he started following us. I would have outrun him but Dan was slowing me down. Turned out it was Stephen Winslow, a Greenway ambassador, who became our guide for a while. There sure are a lot of Greenway people around!



We were to meet another guide who would take us into Newburyport, MA. We got there early. Dan spent his time doing I-don't-know-what, while I rested. Dan could sure learn something from me!



During the day Dan got calls for interviews and one for a photo op as we enter Newburyport. The photo actually happened, but we don't know what will appear in print and what won't. After telling the photographer we will enter the city in about 30 minutes, the back wheel of the bike stopped spinning freely and a tire on my limo went flat. Dan managed to get us going with only a 15-minute delay. It all worked out. By the way, thank you Riverside Cycles for the repairs at no charge.


Tonight we sleep in Newburyport, a most beautiful town that deserves another visit. Our host Elizabeth Marcus gave Dan a tour, bought him dinner, and bought him ice cream. I got the best deal though - she scratched my back! Here's a picture of my host Elizabeth and my guide Conrad Willeman.

No comments:

Post a Comment