Monday, June 1, 2009

Day 10 - More CT


People have asked Dan and me why it takes us so long to travel from one spot to another. I decided to show you those things that make this trip so long. There's walking along the beach, sitting at an overlook, and just rolling in the grass. These are important things that I prefer we not miss. I'm just happy Dan doesn't keep me from what I think is important!
Today we biked through some of the most beautiful places. I didn't realize that CT has so many great beaches and overlooks. There weren't many off-road trails, but the roads looked safe and the view was worth the time spent. It doesn't seem too bad to spend tonight and the next several days in this state.
My favorite interaction happened today. As we biked through Bridgeport, a man came out to the road waving his arms at Dan. We stopped and he said "I saw you - I saw you - I saw you!" Dan didn't know what to make of this and thought the guy might have been drinking. Then the guy came right to us. He was sober and explained "I saw you on the noon TV news today. I saw you! You're biking across the country with your dog." We got a kick out of that. The man then shook Dan's hand like he was pumping water. The last thing I heard him say was "I'll be damned - I done caught me a celebrity!"

3 comments:

  1. Sadie! YOu look so cute in the grass! I wanna rub your belly!
    what a funny story about the guy duly noting the celebrities!!
    we've been havinglovely weather- sunny, high 60's, love seventies. Eileen and Dan's anniversary and my 33rd (hm) birthday on friday should be beautiful!
    Love from South Portland,
    Auntie Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a funny story! I actually saw you guys on your Monday afternoon pass through Stratford CT. I didn't know what you were doing but did some research and found this site. Good luck to you both on the rest of your journey, I hope it's a safe and fun one! I done caught me a celebrity - hilarious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You guys are in CT already?! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete