Thursday, May 28, 2009

Hello, New Jersey!

It's day 6 and Dan says that NJ is a fine place to ride a bike. The ECG has done a good job here - the trails are nice and signs mark the way. Above is a picture of one of the ECG kiosks. We can thank one of my hosts, Mike Kruimer, for the kiosk you see above. I also thank Mike and his wonderful wife Anne for taking in this exhausted duo - Dan and I plan on being asleep before 8 pm.

Most of the trail on the way to Edison was hard-pack with periodic muddy sections. I just ran along but the mud would fly up and stick to my belly. I looked like I was black under and white on top. I didn't mind at all and I guess Dan liked it because he let me go swimming. I then hopped out of the water and rolled in the mud. Dan must have liked that also because I was invited to swim a second time.


5 comments:

  1. Keep up the good work, Sadie. Don't let Dan wander ;-))

    Kim, Set and Cyrus (your feline friends)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you're really moving along! Great work!

    ~Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sadie,
    it is pouring here in Maine and maybe 50 degrees!! How's your weather? give Dan a hug for me and you both are doing fabulously1 :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dan and Sadie, what fun Jerry and I are having each evening reading your blog....I'm so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yo Sadie & Dan!

    is it envy/jealousy? - or long overdue sanity that I'm not biking with you? or disappointed that i didn't get to START the trip with you?

    NOPE...gratitude that I'll get to END it with you (hopefully without the deer on my back! - see pic).

    As anticipated, already sounds like quite the adventure: Congratulations! Looking forward to riding through Maine with you

    Dan - seen any of those funny looking "horses" that you saw years ago in Maine? (aka a moose)

    Travel Safe and see you soon. bob k

    ReplyDelete