Saturday, May 23, 2009

Day 1 is Complete!

Day 1 of this tripwas started in style. Dan's brother-in-law and good friend Joe Sampugnaro volunteered to contact the neighbors in our community (including my four-legged friends) to invite them to a mimosa party. This party would be held in the parking lot in front of my house at 8:30 am - my deoarture was scheduled for 9 am. The party was certainly a success! Approximately 30 neighbors came AND two bikers who had just arrived from Germany. I guess that made this party an international affair!

Our ride today was difficult. The tempature was around 90 and the humidity was high. This would also be (hopefully) one of the hilliest days. That being said, we only have to get there and the hosting couple said they would have dinner ready whenever I arrived - no pressure. This allowed Dan to take as many breaks as he needed - I was hot and tired but I didn't need any breaks!

When I neared the hosting couple's house, they had seven screaming people on the main road with signs! One said "Free Beer!" and another said "I'll drive you to Maine for $100." I don't know what these mean because I can't read! It was quite unexpected and Dan said it made every hill worthwhile! Thank you Chris and Carrie Sapienza!

Dan hopes to add more pictures and a video tommorrow. It is 9 pm and he looks exhausted!

No comments:

Post a Comment